US Style Canteen Cover - Canadian Pattern 1951

Guest Rambo

Guest Rambo

I have this web belt and canteen set set that I've tried to identify but I've found out nothing, the belt might be a 1944 pattern British belt. The belt has eylets on the bottom to attach the canteen and has strap attachments. Can anyone identify and date these? Thanks.

post-14085-1306002174.jpg

RustyCanteen

Like Johan said, your photo's are small. It appears to be part of the British P44 equipment like Johan said.

Guest 11b inf

hi Rambo to better help you you need larger pic's of your items...but from what i see of your pistol/equipment belt it appears to be a Dutch P-37 belt..its commonly miss ID'ed as a P-44 belt because of the grommets on the belt...the P-44 belt has grommets aswell, but all so made in 3-parts and a darker shade of green and a few other small details..the canteen cover could be Dutch aswell they were made like US ww2 pattern w/model 1910 belt hooks in early canvas and latter rubber,but thats a guess untill you get better pic's...thier was a flood of Dutch surplus about 20 ?years back also to include both Dutch P-37 small and large packs ,basic pouches etc..vince g. 11B Inf..

Guest Linedoggie

British 44 Pattern

EDIT: Correction 44 Pattern would have a strap for the rifle buttstock, this is green 37 pattern thats been modified

Guest Rambo
British 44 Pattern

EDIT: Correction 44 Pattern would have a strap for the rifle buttstock, this is green 37 pattern thats been modified

The belt is like the 44 pattern but doesnt have the strap or attachments for shoulder straps. The canteen is like the US M1910 pouch only with different snaps and British strap attachments, not 44 pattern.

post-14085-1306024986.jpg

Guest 11b inf

hey Rambo the belt still appears to be Dutch P-37 and the canteen carrier is canadian P-51..you have truly international kit...vince g. 11B Inf..

• 1 year later...
Guest Mk1rceme

Thread is old, but I thought I would chime in.

11b inf is correct, the canteen carrier is 1951 pattern Canadian. It is the most sought out piece for that genre of webbing. The last complete canteen I sold went for over $100.