Fifth Army (braz) gears

Guest artu44

Guest artu44

Being born in 1944 on the wrong side of the gothic line, I couldn't miss some brazilian gear used form the FEB embedded in the US 5 Army. Thank to our buddy ccmax and some searches on brazilian auctions, I was able to put together some interesting gear. For some reason brazilian gears from WWII are near impossible to find if you haven't some buddy in that country and for it I have to thank again ccmax and Berzotti for their help. Too bad most americans are not able to read portuguese but if you can read some spanish you could enjoy the book ccmax presented to me cause FEB war in Italy is very little known in USA. In pics you can see a prewar holster for the S&W M1937 compared with the one issued after war (Brazil ordered a second lot of .45 Smiths in 1946) an their companion canteen.

post-67-1204987996.jpg

post-67-1204988011.jpg

Guest ccmax

The revolver seems to have a better fit on your new holster than in the previous one. Though the wartime holster is not dated, from comparison with other examples of this type of field gear it was made between 1940-42. The canteen cover is in nice condition - most of the ones I find are very moth eaten.

• 5 months later...
Guest JULIO ZARY

It´s interesting to know that there are people outside Brazil that want to buy BEF stuffs think.gif

These equipments are hard to find over here.

Congratulations.

Cheers.

Guest Ricardo

Hi,

Some BEF gear:

colder1.jpg

colder2.jpg

...and war souvenir... thumbsup.gif

colder4.jpg

colder5.jpg

Display: Brazilian x German x US

colder6.jpg