Rakkasan187 Checking in

Rakkasan187

Greetings fellow forum members..

It is great to be here on this forum and I look forward to sharing and contributing when and where I can.

I have been a long standing member of the US militaria forum and I also am a member on several other forums that focus on allied and axis militaria.

My name is Leigh Smith, some know me as Smitty on other forums. I served 22 years in the US Army as an infantryman. My handle Rakkasan187 relates to my time in 3rd Battalion 187th Infantry, and I also have family members and other close associates that have served with the 187th since WW2.

After retiring from the Army is was a firefighter/medic for 11 years until a career ending injury forced retirement. Since I still had many military connections I was hired to write lessons for the US Army Sergeant's Major Academy. After a few years of writing lessons I became an instructor.

In April 2015 I was hired by the Center of Military History to be the Curator of the United States Army Non-Commissioned Officer Museum at Fort Bliss, Texas

My collecting area focuses on the 187th Infantry as well as the Berlin Brigade where I was stationed with 6/502nd Infantry in the mid 80's a and early 90's. My foreign collection focuses on general Third Reich armed forces and edged weapons of the Reich.

Happy to be here and I look forward to meeting new acquaintances with like minded attitudes towards military history.

Best regards

Leigh

Cobra 6 Actual

Welcome, Leigh. Thank you for your service. (Sorry for the delayed welcome: yesterday I could only make three posts, today only one.)

Regards,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...