Armband

jmd62

Hello,

I wanted to share another item my Dad brought back from the war. This type of construction was typically used for the NSDAP but in this case, the remains of the RZM tag is SS. When I was a kid in the 60's the tag was much more complete, but the moths got to it unfortunately before it wound up in my hands in the late 80's. Many refer to these as the Overcoat Pattern which mirrors what my Dad told me as far as having been removed from an overcoat.

Thanks,

James

post-185183-0-74554700-1540236245.jpg

post-185183-0-85842000-1540236253.jpg

post-185183-0-08893500-1540236263.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh, cool item! Did you father bring home many things?

My GUncle (My Mother's Mother's Sister's husband) was in the ETO. Advance troops that went into Germany towns in front of the Army. Also the first soldiers who went into many of the Concentration Camps, too. Well, he was a souvenir hunter extraordinaire! We knew him I think until we were about 12 or so. Their basement was half work area and the other half was strict display. He had a gun rack filled with German rifles (all immaculately kept and cleaned regularly), a shelf of knives, flags that went from armbands and car flags to one of the huge multi-story building flags. A set of his car flags came from the staff car or a General. Oh, it was a showplace. His wife hated it.

On his death, we all encouraged her to donated the flags and stuff to a museum. One of her grandsons really wanted the guns, as he was into guns from a little boy. However, since the other four grandsons weren't interested in it, she didn't want to play "favorites" and give them to the one grandson. In the end, she gave them to a guy at church who was a cop, as she said being a cop meant he'd respect the guns. :wacko:

All the rest . . . gulp! She trashed.

A question for you about materials . . . what type of matieral is the white circle made of? The black looks like they used gros grain ribbon.