IJN Enlisted Sailor's Hat

P-40Warhawk

Hi!

I had this one out (got it from AGM years ago) and thought I would post it. A WWII dated IJN sailors blue flat hat with tally.

post-185092-0-29119600-1540496426_thumb.jpg

post-185092-0-05380400-1540496433_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

P-40Warhawk,

I'm catching up on some of the postings. The IJN sailors hat you have pictured..... there should be a white cloth label sewn to the interior of the cap. If so, do you have a picture of it. Unless you have had it read, some of the information on this label would tell you a little about the cap even if its not filled in. As the cap is pictured it was worn with the Type I winter uniform which they often wore as a war uniform. These caps also had a white cotton cover that slipped over the top of the cap so that it could be worn with the Type II summer uniform. The covers don't look like much and have a small tie string to secure to the cap and for the most part are unmarked. There was also a Type III cover (green) sometimes a dyed summer cover used late in the war. I hope some of this is of help to you.

• 4 months later...
P-40Warhawk

Hi Tiger41, I didn't see your reply to this, but I appreciate the information. I will see if I can find a photo of the cloth label to post. I think I had someone translate it for me once, but I don't remember what it said anymore. Thanks again, I wish it had the cloth cover but it doesn't.