Kriegs Capture Flag

KVSkelton

Greetings all! Here are a couple photos of the only TR capture flag in my collection. This flag was brought home by PFC Rhodes (full name and address can be seen in the photos) who was a truck driver with the 312th Field Artillery Battalion. I have a few leads on other soldiers who signed the flag but haven't gotten around to doing the research on them yet. Just wanted to share!

Kevin

post-185270-0-18993500-1540817509_thumb.jpg

post-185270-0-80023000-1540817534_thumb.jpg

That's a cool flag. I have been seekin a signed one like this for a while now

IMO these are far more desirable to me than unsigned ones.

Thank you Thor996! I, too, find the signed flags much more desirable than unsigned ones. I was very happy to add this one to my collection a couple years ago, as well as to finding out about the soldier who brought it home. To me these signed "capture flags" bring more history and story to the flags.

Very nice Kevin!!

Thanks jmd62! ;)

Very nice.

I liked the signed ones as well.Years ago all the purist didn't like the inked flags.I had a huge one from an Artillery battalion.

Glad to see people appreciate them now.

Cuz, you know I just love that flag!!

Thanks Cuz! Yep, I know! ;) Still very happy to have this one in my collection!

That is a very nice flag, ibet a lot of ww2 german collectors would love to own it, thanx for showing it, Gerard

Thank you very much, Gerard! I'm glad you like it!

Very nice.

I liked the signed ones as well.Years ago all the purist didn't like the inked flags.I had a huge one from an Artillery battalion.

Glad to see people appreciate them now.

Thank you, doyler! I love the signed flags, myself. It helps tell a story much more so than just a regular flag. Only my opinion, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all in on the signed flags, much cooler than the plain flag that really means little by comparison.

I couldn't agree more, Bugme! I like to have a name with the items I collect, preferably one that can be researched. It just brings the item to life and gives it so much more history than unnamed items. For me, anyway. I know it varies by collector.

Very nice! The signed one's are much less obnoxious than unsigned. Somewhere I have a very long banner with the 4th ID insignia and I think a Signal Corps insignia painted on it and lots of signatures. I need to dig that out, the internet makes it much easier to do research on names now! I probably put it away 20 years ago.

BKW

Very nice! The signed one's are much less obnoxious than unsigned. Somewhere I have a very long banner with the 4th ID insignia and I think a Signal Corps insignia painted on it and lots of signatures. I need to dig that out, the internet makes it much easier to do research on names now! I probably put it away 20 years ago.

BKW

Thanks BKW! I would love to see a photo or three of your signed banner if you get the chance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...