Some WWI French Adrians

ScottG

A fun project helmet, this one was painted black and it was very cheap, so I figured I would try and use acetone to strip off the black. I had never tried this and figured with this helmet being so cheap, what did I have to lose? I was pretty amazed at how well it worked and how much of the blue was still underneath. So, I kept it as it is a great colonial. Scott

post-185137-0-82959400-1541142287_thumb.jpg

post-185137-0-98096500-1541142298_thumb.jpg

My first ever collectible helmet was a 1915 infantry Adrian, it was a darker HB paint but complete and had a name scratched under the brim- "Bouthier" or something like that- it was $40 in 1994...sold it with a Dutch WW2 Marine helmet around 2001 for a used Dot 44 camo set for a reenacting carrier I never did- still bothers me-

I love the engineers emblems on these

• 1 month later...

I need to post my Adrian, maybe some of you with more know-how can help decipher the name in it. It's funny you mention $40 in the 90s. I was always focused on getting a set of WWII US field gear together and figured I'd have plenty of time and didn't pay much attention to the large numbers of French and British WWI and WWII that was available. I think I paid 160 for my Adrian, and was mostly because the guy was actually at hia table, unlike every other seller that had something I was interested in at the last SOS I attended.