Romania Parachute Badge

triplecanopy

Here is a very nice early Parachute Badge from Romania. This badge is illustrated in Bragg & Turner's 1979 Book, Parachute Badges and Insignia of the World as B&T 931. It is a well made badge with silver and enamel artfully done. Very scarce these days. I know of two variations of this particular badge and both have a vertical broach pin on the back for attachment.

post-185301-0-07368200-1541192140_thumb.jpg

That is a beauty Robert. One of the rarest of all Axis paratrooper badges in my opinion. Here is a photo of it in wear.

r3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Awhile back I was exchanging emails with a collector of Romanian paratrooper insignia residing in Romania. I sent him photographs of a WW2 era Romanian paratrooper wing which I found at a Northern California insignia show. This piece and an officer's academy badge were supposedly brought back from Romania by a US officer stationed in Romania during or right after WW2. He told me that I had an original piece but that the crown at the base may have been replaced. The crown is different from your piece in Post #1.

post-185261-0-66875200-1543685353_thumb.jpg

This collector in Romania sent me this piece which is rather small at a little over one inch long by one inch wide that he said was their first paratrooper wing after the communist take over.

post-185261-0-85257000-1543685476.jpg

Here are the two types I was aware of when I posted the 1st one. These have variations also, so I am not sure if perhaps there was more than one maker of these badges. I will post the reverse sides next.

post-185301-0-11204000-1543805336_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Robert, I know next to nothing about what these badges are supposed to look like (originals) but yours sure have right look/feel (to me)

Dennis,

For some reason I have photos of the same exact badge in my files (taken at a different time). Not ever sure where I got them.

gsgs.jpg

triplecanopy

Well, That is one I have not seen before. It is quite possible that it is another variation that is not widely known or it is a reduced size for lapel wear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Basic Rifleman

Here's the reverse of one without the repair. Pretty standard, but just wanted to share it here. The front of this badge also retains a fair amount of the original gold gilt.

DSC_2494.JPG

DSC_2496.JPG

I'm sorry if it's a little off topic, but I wanted to share these other Romanian para badges even though they're of the sporting and unit variety. The only one I'm not sure about the ID is the bottom piece with the numbered reverse. 

DSC_2626.JPG

DSC_2627.JPG

DSC_2628.JPG

DSC_2629.JPG

DSC_2630.JPG

DSC_2631.JPG