Luftwaffe Group from a German Antique Store

bobgee

I acquired this group about 2 years ago from a collector in Paris who found it in Germany at an antique store. The dealer said it was brought in by a woman who would not give a name. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a group to one pilot. Everything just has the look of of having been together for a long time and the wear is consistent on all pieces. It fits a group of documents I have . Bob

ANON.  LUFTWAFFE GROUP.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Just for the record the Pilot's badge is hall-marked 'BSW', the silver wound badge is HM '30' and the EK I is a screw-back HM' L58', the Gold Bomber clasp with Hanger is HM R.S.S.

• 1 month later...

Very nice! The case appears rather interesting as well. Did it come with the grouping?

Yes - the box came with the group. It's not any kind of military container - looks like an old box for some kind of silverware. Bob

captainofthe7th

Yes - the box came with the group. It's not any kind of military container - looks like an old box for some kind of silverware. Bob

I think the case really complete's the group, though! Can't say it's the best part, but there's something wonderful about it.

All of the insignia is gorgeous.

Rob

• 2 months later...