Cloth Insignia of the Heer (German Army)

MECHINF-A15

Posting some of my Heer cloth insignia. I invite others to post theirs as well.

First up, Single collar tab and shoulder strap worn on the black Panzer uniform by an enlisted member of Panzeraufklärungs-Abteilung Grossdeutschland.

post-185217-0-32384300-1541850864.jpg

Single collar tab and shoulder strap worn by an enlisted member of a Panzeraufklärungs-Abteilung (Panzerspähkompanie) or the I./Panzer-Rgt. 24.

This pair was a GI bring back and both came off the same black wrapper.

post-185217-0-88557500-1541851314.jpg

Enlisted collar tab & shoulder strap worn on the field service uniform by a member of Aufklärungs-Abt. 3 (note the number 3 was removed from the strap for security reasons).

post-185217-0-51132900-1541852560.jpg

A number of years ago a longtime collector friend of mine purchased the estate of a former U.S. Army Medic.

This medic had served in the ETO during WWII and I assume he served at an Army Field Hospital.

It appears that he treated a number of wounded German POWs and was able to obtain insignia from their uniforms

and headgear. There were a large number of really nice Heer, Waffen-SS, & Luftwaffe collar tabs, shoulder straps/boards,

breast/sleeve eagles, cuff bands & cap badges in this collection. A lot of the items in this group were what we present day collectors

call "cut offs". I was fortunate that my friend allowed me to obtain several pieces from this estate.

My "pride & joy" was this later style cuff band from the Battle of the Bulge worn by an enlisted/NCO member of either the

Führer-Begleit-Division or the Führer-Grenadier-Division.

Shown is the front of the cuff band.

post-185217-0-55360100-1541853447.jpg

MIke,

Here are a couple of Heer enlisted bevo style breast eagles. I don't collect Heer insignia so I do not know when they changed from the fully outlined eagle to the triangular folded eagle.

Heer breast eagle.JPG

Heer breast eagle back.JPG

Heer bevo breast eagle.JPG

Heer bevo breast eagle back.JPG

John4022 & SARGE,

Thank you for posting some really nice tabs, straps/boards & eagles!

John, your EM Kradschützen-Btl. 1 is a real tough one to find these days. Some nice

Panzerabwehr/Panzerjäger as well.

Keep them coming!

Mike

Top: Panzergrenadier officer collar tab as worn on the field service or Sturmartillerie uniforms. Next is a shoulder board for a Hauptmann serving in either Panzergrenadier-Lehr-Rgt. 901 or 902.

post-185217-0-19378300-1542981478.jpg

post-185217-0-79122200-1542981498.jpg