Dinky Toys

SARGE

Anybody still collecting Dinky Toys?

I spent my allowance at the local modeling and toy shop on military airplane kits and Dinky Toys when I was a kid. All my model airplanes are long gone in a final kid inspired battle in the back yard. Shot up with a BB gun while strung from my mother's trees in a final air combat fight.

The much sturdier English made metal Dinky Toys lived on. If you never throw anything away your childhood toys become collectible nostalgia.

Dinky light tank.JPG

Dinky Searchlight Truck.JPG

Dinky toy AA gun.JPG

Dinky toy mobile artillery.JPG

Dinky Toys marking.JPG

If you want to know more about Dinky Toys models, I can recommend this database: http://www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/messages/27668/27668.html?1405607954

You can search for specific models by their model number, which is on the baseplate. Your tank for example is the '152a (650)1937-1954 Light Tank': http://www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/messages/27668/871.html?1402374735

Thanks for the kudos guys!

Tony, I had a Crosman pellet gun that was death on just about any target depending upon how many pumps of air you gave it. Plastic airplanes did not stand a chance.

earlymb, Thanks for the link. I have both the light tank and the medium tank. I have all the Dinky (made by Meccano) military models up until they starting putting in clear plastic windows in the 1950s. I also have a few of the Dinky Toy lead figures that sat in the trucks. However, my go to, similar scale, figures were the Swedish African Engineers (SAE) lead soldiers.

Dinky tanks.JPG

Dinky toy soldier box.JPG

Dinky toy soldier box top.JPG