San. SS

AB45

Hallo PaulR
A little can be found on the Internet. This unit was said to have been stationed in Stettin.
The city Stettin is today called Szczecin and is located in the extreme northwest of Poland, about 120 km northeast of Berlin. 1926 north of the Chaussee Stettin after Altdamm a water airport and an air base. Both were used by Lufthansa and from the beginning of the war by the Luftwaffe. The places were used until the end of the war by the Luftwaffe. Bombing in 1944 caused great damage, and on 26 April 1945 Szczecin was conquered by the Red Army.
Which fits in well with the Halbe cauldron or the outbreak of the 9th Army under General Busse.
Our Dutch friends did not know until 2018.
Which brand of pieces you found.
Until you saw this brand.
Good to see at the beginning of the video.
For me, the proof that the carrier of the brand must have come over the Elbe.

One of the best video on the internet.
I always run cold on the back when I see it.

DocCollector1441

I believe the unit on the tag is just 3. Kompanie/ Sanitaets Ersatz Bataillon der Waffen SS. The Ersatz Battalions were used to train replacements.

Hello Doc

The unit was part of the replacement army, which was set up from September 1939.

The replacement army provided training and supplementary troop units for the front-line forces of the field army.

Towards the end of the war, more and more training units were used against the advancing Allies. The replacement army formed the last contingent of the Wehrmacht.

At the front, everyone stood in the end.