Can you ID? French Jump Wings and unusual wings.

Old Marine

Hi guys,

I have had these 2 wings/badges for a long time and i have never been able to identify them. The top jump wing is French I think, but the double stamping on the back makes me think its a repro, or a reject. But real or repro can any one tell me what is it and what era? it's about 4.5 inches wide.

The bottom wing, badge I have never been able to ID. I suspect it might be from an airlines.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information.

Thanks

Dennis

post-185204-0-27449100-1542562628_thumb.jpg

Boy, very interesting! I can't find anything exactly like these. That the top one has the pointy shield is different than most.

A French airline would be a good idea! If I can find anything, I'll post!

Really cool finds, Dennis! Love the French stuff!

The top wing is a copy (the "R" is for reproduction). It is a copy of a WWII Free French forces parachute badge with the cross of Lorraine. The other wings i do not recognize. I may have some additional info I can post later about the top badge.

I agree concerning the top wing which is a Joe Gervasi reproduction. It is listed as a copy on page 26 numbered C-9 in the book titled, "FRENCH PARACHUTIST BREVETS by Gilbert Lafleur and Harry Pugh. I agree the bottom wing could be WW2 Slovakian (Germany dissolved the Czech Republic in 1939 and declared pro-German Slovakia an autonomous state) as their emblem is the "Apostolic Cross on the Upper Lands" and SKS could stand for Slovak Conservative Party ( Slovenská konzervatívna strana, abbreviated SKS).

Here are two old and I believe original Free French Forces (F.F.L) parachute badges. The top one is identified in Bragg & Turner's Book Parachute Badges and Insignia of the world (Published in 1979) as B&T 158. The other one, also a Free French Forces Parachute badge, is Ident B&T 157. Why the difference I do not know and there were many known variations of these two badges in both cloth and metal. I will post the reverse sides below. These are rarely seen these days.

post-185301-0-07581200-1542585078_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I agree the bottom wing could be WW2 Slovakian (Germany dissolved the Czech Republic in 1939 and declared pro-German Slovakia an autonomous state) as their emblem is the "Apostolic Cross on the Upper Lands" and SKS could stand for Slovak Conservative Party ( Slovenská konzervatívna strana, abbreviated SKS).

Tonomachi,

Thank you for the information. I had an inkling that they might be Slovakian based on the cross and mountains. Did that SKS party continue after the war or was it disbanded at the end of the war. Those wings have modern looking clutch back posts and the manufacture looks pretty modern, not the typical WWII vintage construction. Do you think they are just a modern reproduction of a WWII badge?

Thanks to all for the information.

Dennis