Norwegian Pilots in the RAF WW2

irish

This uniform and insignia had belonged to Norwegian Captain Egil Ulstein who flew with RAF Squadrons 129 and 332 during the war. Both of these squadrons were made up of Norwegian exiles. Most notably these squadrons flew at the Raid on Dieppe and on D-day. These pilots were part of the exiled Norwegian Government and military forces in England during the war.

post-185108-0-88535300-1542724377_thumb.jpg

Very nice, and a very interesting topic. Are the wings on the cap English made, or Norwegian?

I have recently started dabbling in Norwegian or this era, all parties. Not easy to find, it's not largely collected in the US

Very nice, and a very interesting topic. Are the wings on the cap English made, or Norwegian?

I have recently started dabbling in Norwegian or this era, all parties. Not easy to find, it's not largely collected in the US

I believe they are British made sterling. Have not had them off in a while

This is an OUTSTANDING grouping to a brave pilot serving in the RAF. I am REALLY sorry that I missed this when it was first posted as I truly enjoy collecting WWII RAF and commonwealth. With volunteers literally coming from every corner of the globe, it is difficult to chronicle the contribution of the Royal Air Force and the Commonwealth Air Forces because they end up scattered all over the forum.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Allan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...