Luftwaffe Flakartillerie

MECHINF-A15

Photographed here on the right is a Flak Hauptwachtmeister (identified by the "piston rings" on his sleeves) wearing the black work uniform of

the Luftwaffe.

post-185217-0-28018700-1543256788_thumb.jpg

This photo was taken during the German evacuation from Sicily to the Italian mainland. This mission was accomplished

using Siebel ferries mounting Flak guns crewed by the Luftwaffe.

post-185217-0-54232600-1543257281_thumb.jpg

Photographed in Serbia during 1941 a Luftwaffe prime mover towing a 8.8 cm Flak 18 has taken a direct hit

from enemy fire.

This was taken during the invasion of Yugoslavia in April or afterwards in 1941 during the pacification?

I posted these earlier on a thread about Luftwaffe aircraft on display at the National Museum of the United States Air Force.

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/313095-luftwaffe-aircraft-at-the-national-museum-of-the-us-air-force/

On display for the defense of the Reich are an Flak 88 mm multipurpose gun and a Flakvierling 38 28mm Antiaircraft gun.

https://www.national...tiaircraft-gun/

https://www.national...ltipurpose-gun/

The Flak 38 is display as if it were defending a besieged target at night.

AA 1.jpg

AA 2.jpg

Patches,

To answer your question this was a German soldiers photograph and is dated on the back "IV/41" so that would indicate the invasion.

Gil,

Great photos from your museum tour and thanks for sharing!

Paul,

I hope you take lots of photos when you visit the National WW2 Museum as I hear they have a lot of really nice pieces that were vet donated.

All the best,

Mike

Patches,

To answer your question this was a German soldiers photograph and is dated on the back "IV/41" so that would indicate the invasion.

Gil,

Great photos from your museum tour and thanks for sharing!

Paul,

I hope you take lots of photos when you visit the National WW2 Museum as I hear they have a lot of really nice pieces that were vet donated.

All the best,

Mike

Then the Yugos got a lucky on that one, curious if it was hit by one of those obsolete tanks they had

I am actually stationed in the New Orleans, with the National WW2 Museum only a few miles away. A virtual Disney World for folks like us.

You mean like this?

These photos were taken in 2010.

The only problem with the National WW2 Museum is that they are limited in the amount of floor (and ceiling) space that they have available for large items, so they end up rotating their exhibits. For example, a lot of the aircraft they had hanging overhead were either moved or reshuffled to make room for when they installed a B-17. So it is hard to tell what you will see when you go there.

88mm New Orleans 2.jpg

88mm New Orleans 1.jpg