My Scottish Button Collection (and some collar badges and shoulder titles)

My prize Scottish collection. I have buttons from all of the British Regiments of Foot that had Scottish origins (there were 19 out of 100+), plus all of the named regiments they became, up thru the current Royal Regiment of Scotland. Plus some Yeomanry and Guards and some Militia. Two of the old militia buttons date to around 1800. Also a scattering of collar badges, shoulder titles, and even a sporran badge.

As a side note, the numbered Regiments of Foot were renamed in 1881 (no longer numbered regiments in order of seniority), therefore those regimental buttons with a number pre-date 1881. I tried to post the named regiments together along with the numbered regiments they superseded.

post-185182-0-28491700-1544119322_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Took several years to collect/accumulate. I want to highlight some of of the individuals in future threads. I even have one button dating to the 1870's that I can trace to the officer who's uniform it came from.

• 4 months later...

Super amazing collection! I love your button displays! What is the cool one in the top left corner of a button hanging from a ribbon?

Thanks for the comments. The top left button from the ribbon is for the King's Own Scottish Borderers, smaller version than the one to the right, the ribbon also from the KOSB.

Very cool. At one point I got a wild hair to try to collect every British and Canadian button made by the Peter Tait firm (same one that made the CSA buttons). I got up to about 5 before I realized that it was going to be quite the endeavor. I ended up selling them all and kind of regret it now.

... Peter Tait firm (same one that made the CSA buttons). ...

That's interesting, I have a few of those, but only the CSA kind (the back of an "A" artillery here). For me, those have been actually harder to find in British (I've tried as well). Of all the British (Scottish) buttons I have, no P. Tait's ...

post-185182-0-35185800-1556190020.jpg