Panzer 1 Command Tank

Old Marine

This is an old Tamiya Panzer I Command Tank kit. I think I built this model about 15 or 20 years ago and somehow it has survived all the moves and packing and unpacking over the years. Aside from the miracle of surviving I have always liked the way this little kit turned out. Some of the paint had faded and the dust has dimmed it a bit but I still like it and I though I would post it up here for you guys to see.

Thanks

Dennis

post-185204-0-49898500-1544837704_thumb.jpg

Dennis,

thanks for sharing this kit. You did an excellent paint and weathering job on the tank and the figures! I wasn't aware of the fact that Tamiya offered a Befehlspanzer I. I have never seen one here before. All I knew then was the Italeri variant. Have learned something new today. Once again, an awesome kit!

Lars

Dennis,

thanks for sharing this kit. You did an excellent paint and weathering job on the tank and the figures! I wasn't aware of the fact that Tamiya offered a Befehlspanzer I. I have never seen one here before. All I knew then was the Italeri variant. Have learned something new today. Once again, an awesome kit!

Lars

Come the think of it, I can't find the Tamiya kit listed, only Italerie and Zvezda, Is there a image of it's box out there somewhere.

Lars and Patches, I apologize, you guys are correct. This is most likely the Italiari kit. I built it so long ago that I forgot who made the kit.

Sorry for any misinformation. Thanks guys

Lars and Patches, I apologize, you guys are correct. This is most likely the Italiari kit. I built it so long ago that I forgot who made the kit.

Sorry for any misinformation. Thanks guys

But those figures are not Italiari, anyone who's a hard corps modeler from the 70s on knows their figures stink LOL. Do remember what figures these are, perhaps Verlinden? That French helmet, I would guess it's from the old 1970s Heller infantry weapons and equipment kit.

35-scale-heller-arms-equipment-ww2_1_836

Patches, you are right about the French helmet being from the Heller kit. The figures are probably Verlinden. The sack on the front fender is a russian back pack from the Zvezda figures.

Patches, you are right about the French helmet being from the Heller kit. The figures are probably Verlinden. The sack on the front fender is a russian back pack from the Zvezda figures.

Roger

• 6 months later...

Hey Dennis, I finally joined this site. WOW, this is a great build. The color, weathering, figures and decals are all splendid. I like that you used the (I believe) the 7th Pz. Div. (Ghost Division) commanded by Rommel. Well done sir.

Semper Fi.

Manny