Eighth Army Formation Signs

Gunslinger

Perhaps the most well known army from the WWII time period. The Eighth Army was a Multi-National force formed from troops throughout the Commonwealth and Armies in Exile. Units from Australia, British India, Canada, Free French Forces, Greece, New Zealand, Poland, Rhodesia, South Africa and the UK.
The Unit fought with distinction from the Western Desert Campaign to the Italian Campaign. At the end of the war the Eighth Army was redesignated British Forces in Austria.
There many example of the insignia worn by the Eighth Army.
Some embroidered versions
post-185392-0-56425800-1546295975.jpg
Embroidered example with Russian braid, right side image is bullion version
post-185392-0-64976900-1546295990.jpg

CDub

Some Bullion versions which were popular with the Polish troops

post-185392-0-32157000-1546367363.jpg

Shoulder titles, left side was made from a FS most likely field made, right side with Bullion Russian braid on Khaki drill slip on.

post-185392-0-62272700-1546367373.jpg

CDub

THose are some nice formation digns CDub! Thanks for sharing them. For whatever reason, as relatively common the 8th Army formation sign is, they are damned difficult to find in matched pairs. I have never been able to figure out why that is.

Allan

THose are some nice formation digns CDub! Thanks for sharing them. For whatever reason, as relatively common the 8th Army formation sign is, they are damned difficult to find in matched pairs. I have never been able to figure out why that is.

Allan

I think that comes down to the patch itself as collectors would more likely keep facing pairs of patches rather than matching pairs. Just conjecture.....

-Ski

Plus Theatre made items are always in Higher demand, some of these only one insignia may have been purchased vs matching pairs. Dealers more often than not will split items up to make more money.....

CDub