Imperial Japanese Navy Cap Tallies

vostoktrading

Jon,

Thanks for posting the cap (I was hoping you would sit it down on my table and walk away) a great piece that we don't see very often. While not military per se, they were worn by civilian employed by the navy. Your collection of cap ribbons is really worth seeing. A real pleasure meeting and talking with you also. Glad you had a good time and hope you'll do it again next year....try to find a shorter route.

• 3 months later...

Wow, what a fantastic thread! Some really great pieces on show here, and some wonderful and detailed information. Thanks for taking the time to put all of this together.

Regards

Russ

This is the only one I've got, its not a full length tally, no anchors at either end.

I believe it is for a hospital.

Regards

Russ

post-187805-0-74271400-1559775166_thumb.jpg

Hospital ribbons are hard to find in any condition....sometimes you must take what you can get.

• 2 weeks later...
vostoktrading

Very interesting subject matter: try this photo resizer tool http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm I use it to resize photos.

Thor996, thanks for the lead on this. I finally downloaded it and it saved me tons of time with sizing. It's pretty easy to use too (I'm pretty dumb when it comes to using programs or apps). I saved the portable one on an external harddrive so I can use it at work too. Thanks again!

Jon.

vostoktrading

I came across another destroyer group tally I had stashed in a box in my garage for a while. I think it's 8, 25 & 26 destroyer flotillas. John, do you know how many of these there were?

Thanks, Jon.

post-185640-0-19153000-1560670620_thumb.jpg

I have about 8 or 10 and you have some I don't...I don't know how many there were but the number likely changed as conditions, locations and time period changed.

This must be post WW2 as the writing is left to right. I believe it says coast guard.

保安庁警備隊 (hoanchou keibitai) Literally "Safety, Security Force"

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%25E8%25AD%25A6%25E5%2582%2599%25E9%259A%258A_(%25E4%25BF%259D%25E5%25AE%2589%25E5%25BA%2581)&prev=search

• 7 months later...
austin_militaria

Can anyone tell me what this Tally is for? Picked this up last week with a Naval Landing Force Banner.

(actually found a post that had referenced it already. Great Japan Imperial Navy)

post-185763-0-89497000-1579980767_thumb.jpg