1 reply to this topic

#1 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Attached is a nice example of a Thailand Border Patrol Police, reportedly from the 2nd Army Area.

This would date from the mid 1990's.  The base material is unembroidered, and the design is finely stitched by a large production process.  As typical with Thai patches, they colors are very vibrant.

The backing is a dense fine mesh, a bit tighter than what is seen on wartime examples made for US forces.

I know this one is real because...

Attached Images

• Thai Border Police.jpg

#2 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

This is the label my wife attached to back of it when she received it.

She had a coworker who was advising the Thai military.  I asked her to pass along a request to pick up some patches during one of his trips over there, and he obliged by bringing back abut a dozen of them.  Back in the office, he identified each and every one of them.  My wife was kind enough to label them and write down the descriptions, otherwise I would of had no idea what any of them were.

As time went on, I foolishly decided to sell or trade them off when I decided I was not going to pursue collecting Thai items.  I managed to buy this one back, but it is the only example that I have.

If anyone out there finds another with a label like this, I'd really like to get some of them back.  I am sure they are in a collection somewhere (Or on the back of some teenager's surfing jacket!)

Attached Images

• Thai Border Police b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users