Horse Equip. Saddlebag

SARGE

Here is a piece of Polizei leather horse equipment in the form of a saddlebag. German police and military horse equipment provided a pair of saddlebags which attached to the saddle separately and could be worn as a single or a pair depending upon what equipment was packed into each saddlebag. This brown pebbled leather police saddle bag is identical to the military issue except for the markings. Military saddlebags will have military "WaA" inspection markings while police saddlebags have police markings. In this case the bag lid is stamped with "Po. 39" indicating Polizei issue in 1939.

Po saddlebag.JPG

Po saddlebag back.JPG

Po saddlebag top.JPG

Po saddlebag marking.JPG

That is neat, I never thought about police horse equipment. I have a saddle and a couple of saddle bags, I'll have to look at them closer. Thanks for posting.

BKW

Thanks for the kudos guys. Speaking of horse equipment, here is a Schutzpolizei saddle cover and below that a Polizei horse blanket. Actually, the brown wool blanket could be used by either humans or horses.

Pol horse blanket 2.JPG

• 4 months later...

I have a Police saddle blanket also. Mine is the one in Benders book on WWII German Police

Thanks for the kudos guys. Speaking of horse equipment, here is a Schutzpolizei saddle cover and below that a Polizei horse blanket. Actually, the brown wool blanket could be used by either humans or horses.