SEEKING INFO. ON WW2 / 1945 U.K. SPECIAL CONSTABULARY SERVICE

Hello Gentleman, I am pleased to report that I'm truly ecstatic over my recent, & most welcome find regarding an M.B.E. Award I posted about here somewhat recently. { RE: 1st Lieutenant George CRAIG, 2nd Battalion, Border Regiment. } I wasn't at all certain as to where I should post this, but as it primarily related to the Special Constabulary, I figured that this particular Sub-Forum was as good as any ? So, when I obtained this MBE, everything appeared to be proper & correct, other than it being unofficially named. Now yes, we all know that MBE's were not named, at least not officially. However, I have observed, & I'm sure that many other Forum members have observed 'un-officially' named / engraved examples over the years. Many Commonwealth Officer's & Other Ranks were find of having their decorations privately engraved, especially the gallantry awards. Also, I traced & verified this media's provenance back to 1985, & was fortunate enough to obtain a letter from the current owner to the prospective purchaser. In it, he details all it's relevant facts, along with it being named when purchased by him, from the U.K. circa the 1970's. So personally, I harbor no doubts as to it's originality. But I'm getting off track here. My real question here is; @>>> Did the WW2 era U.K. Special Constabulary have the Rank of Captain ? <<<@ I just learned the recipient served during WW2 with the ' Monmouthshire, Wales - Special Constabulary', & is 'reported by still be there in 1945', based upon information contained in his Wife's Will, a legally submitted document. ( Trying to get a copy of it, if possible. ) If anyone's interested in learning more about this seriously dedicated Officer, just advise & I'll Post a Link(s) to my Ancestry.com Tree for him. He initially enlisted in British Army in 1905 at age 16, & apparently was still serving the Crown in 1945, at age 57 !!! ( Yes, that's also noted in Wife's Will. ) Soooo, if any of our U.K. Law Enforcement / Special Constabulary experts would be so kind as to assist me with this, I'd be extremely appreciative.

THANK YOU

Best regards, Dom Pastore Jr. / dpast32@aol.com