Unknown possibly Scandinavian patch & pin

Tonomachi

I found these at a flea market many years ago in California and they have never been identified. I'm guessing ODINN is a different spelling for ODIN the Norse mythological god so some kind of Scandinavian insignia. Any ideas?

post-185261-0-27024200-1549554181.jpg

post-185261-0-36934900-1549554197.jpg

post-185261-0-48471400-1549554215.jpg

The odd spelling of "Odin" would make me suspect that the name is Icelandic rather than Swedish. I see through Google that there was an Icelandic Coast Guard patrol vessel called the "ODINN" and the spelling was done with the same Norse lettering. I would assume that the patch and pin are related to the ship.

Allan

The odd spelling of "Odin" would make me suspect that the name is Icelandic rather than Swedish. I see through Google that there was an Icelandic Coast Guard patrol vessel called the "ODINN" and the spelling was done with the same Norse lettering. I would assume that the patch and pin are related to the ship.

Allan

Thanks for the possible lead and you are correct in that ODIN is spelled ODINN in Iceland. I looked it up and there were two Icelandic Coast Guard vessels named ODINN both of which are already decommissioned. So far I haven't been able to locate this specific logo with anything in Iceland.

The symbol at the top of the insignia is obviously an atom. The US Navy used that insignia to denote "Electronics." My dad was an Aviation Electronics Technician in the Navy and wore the atom between aviation wings as his rate. He dealt with RADAR and radio gear in the 1950's.Between the atom and the lightning bolt, I am wondering if that is a specific patch for the electrical shop aboard the Odinn.

Allan