Engraved bayo's and others!

pvon

Feel free to post yours!

Now some regular bayo's and makers! Feel free to post some or knots!

PVON

here is a stag handel

post-185193-0-90815700-1554495948_thumb.jpg

pvon,

Your knot on the KS98 shown in pic 7 with a pink insert in the ball is for Feuerwehr Officers. A hard to get Portepee BTW.

Here are some of my bayonets. The top row are S84/98 variations. The second row are KS98 variations. The third row are various foreign bayonets used by the Germans. The bottom row (not visible) are S98/05 variations.

German bayonets.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

"Wow Sarge!

Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing!

Please tell us about some?

PVON"

You betcha.

First, here is a copy of my book on bayonets. Second, here are four variations of the Feuerwehr / Feuerschutzpolizei bayonets including sawbacks and an etched presentation.

Seitengewehr book cover.jpg

FW bayonets.JPG

Sarge

The cover of your book is amazing!

Did your bayo's come with knots or troddels? Not sure what they are called!

Not my area but looks interesting!

Police saw tooth is nice! Police clam shell is out standing!

Plenty of learning for collectors!

PVON

Sarge

That clam shell police with brown frog! Whats with gold color?

Its really special I bet! Is it engraved?

City or what! Condition is stunning!

Had to ask!

PVON

Sarge

The cover of your book is amazing!

Did your bayo's come with knots or troddels? Not sure what they are called!

Not my area but looks interesting!

Police saw tooth is nice! Police clam shell is out standing!

Plenty of learning for collectors!

PVON

Most of the edged weapons in my collection did not come with knots. Part of the fun of collecting for me is to find the proper hanger and knot for the specific edged weapon I find. Sort of like finding the proper holster and spare magazine to make up a pistol rig or the proper sling for a long-arm. The Polizei Portepee on the gold sidearm on my book cover, and the Baden Troddel on the Baden Polizei Seitengewehr, are correct for both of these police sidearms. The Baden Troddel is hard to find.

The four Fire Fighter sidearms are interesting variations of the long and short (short for Officers and NCOs) versions of the FW Seitengewehr with recurved guards. Of course the sawbacks are difficult to find as well as the versions with etched blades. This etched blade is a retirement gift for 25 years of service. The Feuerschutzpolizei KS98 sawback is very specific. Made by WKC with both standard short blades or sawbacks. Unplated hilts, as seen here, with copper Polizei eagle on the obverse grip plate.

Sarge

That clam shell police with brown frog! Whats with gold color?

Its really special I bet! Is it engraved?

City or what! Condition is stunning!

Had to ask!

PVON

This gold color Police bayonet is hard to find! It is the Nationalized Polizei version of the un-cut Prussian Model 1930 clamshell Seitengewehr with the original long blade and clamshell. These came with black or brown leather scabbards (City or Rural Police) with silver or gold color fittings. This bayonet originally had the small eagle in a star grip insignia of the Prussian Police but the grip insignia was changed over to this Model 1936 Police eagle when the various state police agencies were nationalized and new uniforms were issued between circa 1936 and 1938. Most of these Prussian Police sidearms had the blade and scabbard shortened, the grip shortened, the clamshell removed, and the grip insignia replaced but some few examples avoided this fate. This one is a survivor.

It is shown here with a transitional Prussian Rural Police uniform. Note the cap with the blue cap band and M 1936 style Police eagle. The tunic has matching blue collar tabs and red piping. Notice also the tunic has polished (Glatt) gold buttons that match the sidearm.

Pruss gold Pol bayaonet.JPG

Pruss gold Pol bayonet blade.JPG

Pruss gold Pol bayo hilt.JPG

Thanks sarge

Thanks for info! Very interesting!

Thats what I thought on knots,Many came with nothing and some with sword knots and misc put on by vet!

I get the hunt is the fun for knots! Not cheap either!

Saw tooth ones were outlawed were they not?

Clam shells not a easy find! Gold gild is so nice!

Thanks

PVON

Here are some not very good photos of the Baden Polizei Seitengewehr as seen on the cover of my book. They too came in white- and gold-metal. The large gold (Tombek) colored Baden sidearm is an item of issue. The smaller silver (Nickel) colored Baden Pol sidearm is a private purchase Extra-Seitengewehr for a Baden Policeman. These Seitengewehre continued to be worn until they were replaced for the then nationalized Deutsche Polizei (circa 1938) who wore the modified Prussian style bayonets as sidearms.

Baden Polizei Seitengewehre.JPG

Baden Polizei Seitengewehre hilts.JPG

Baden Polizei Seitengewehr hilt.JPG

Baden Polizei Seitengewehr hilt back.JPG

Baden Pol  markings.JPG