Radom VIS Model P.35 East German Police Pistol

SARGE

Gents,

Here is a circa 1950 F.B.Radom VIS Model P.35 9mm East German Police Pistol. This wartime pistol was manufactured in Poland by the Germans in 1942 and bears WaA77 inspection markings. It was later refurbished by the DDR Volkspolizei in Suhl and has a VP police armory inspection star on the left trigger guard.

These pistols met the requirement of the Allied Control Commission that the postwar German Police be armed with non-German manufactured firearms during the occupation. Notice that the pistol has both NS Zeit and VP proof marks indicating the postwar use by the Volkspolizei.

Radom left.jpg

Radom right.jpg

Radom left slide.jpg

Radom barrel sn.jpg

Radom VP.jpg

now that is NICE, didnt even know that VIS pistols were in use post war in Germany... thank You for sharing !!

These reissued East German Police pistols are interesting. One of the things the Volkspolizei Armory at Suhl did was to blue, and/or replace, the barrels when preparing them for reissue. Notice that this Radom VIS has all matching serial numbers but the police armorers blued this barrel, which was originally finished bright. This is a typical modification for whatever reason.

I should also mention that I spoke to a Radom VIS collector about this pistol at the Kansas City Missouri Valley Arms Collectors Association show a couple of years ago. He had a wonderful award winning display of these pistols and he had one just like mine. The same style with the same markings. His pistol also had a blued barrel.

This was a local pick-up BTW.