"Schmeisser" MP-40 Maschinenpistole

Kanemono

Here is my MP 40 display gun which is built from an original MP-40 parts set with a solid receiver and fitted with an original MP-40 "push/pull" safety bolt handle. The Maschinenpistole 40 descended from its predecessor the MP 38. The MP 40 was a simplification of the MP 38 with certain cost-saving alterations, most notably in the more extensive use of stamped steel rather than machined parts. The MP 40 was often called the "Schmeisser" by the Allies, after the weapon designer Hugo Schmeisser. Schmeisser had designed the MP 18, which was the first mass-produced submachine gun in the world. He did not, however, have anything to do with the design or development of the MP 40, although he held a patent on the magazine. The MP 40 submachine guns are open-bolt, blowback-operated automatic arms. The only mode of fire was fully automatic, but the relatively low rate of fire enabled single shots with controlled trigger pulls. The bolt features a telescoping return spring guide which serves as a pneumatic recoil buffer, the bolt handle was made as a separate part. It served as a safety by pushing the head of handle into one of two separate notches above the main opening; this action locked the bolt either in the cocked (rear) or uncocked (forward) position.

post-185184-0-85331300-1556549767_thumb.jpg

post-185184-0-02736300-1556549774_thumb.jpg

post-185184-0-22930400-1556549782_thumb.jpg

post-185184-0-20928700-1556549798_thumb.jpg

post-185184-0-07986900-1556549816_thumb.jpg

"Would a Moderator please move this to the TR WW2 Weapons section. Sorry"

Here you go! Moved to TR section.

Excellent. I owned a MP40 and would say of all the FAs I owned, it was the most reliable and never had a problem with mixed ammo including re-loads. My other ones had hiccups, jams, etc. occasionally. But never with the MP40. Easy to take down and clean. The unbelievable increase in value and a persistent collector who had to have it, I sold it.

As to single firing, I was never successful. Usually 3 rds, sometimes was able to get several 2 rounds control, but never a single round. Also to add, it was very accurate..

Thanks for sharing