Ribbon Bar Identification

SARGE

I think I have identified this three medal Japanese ribbon bar correctly but can anyone confirm or correct my description?

From L to R: Sacred Treasure, 1931-34 Manchurian Incident, 1937-1945 China Incident awards.

JPN ribbon bar.JPG

JPN ribbon bar back.JPG

That is a very nice medal bar.

Thanks for the kudos Mons1914. It is very well made with this wide pin (clasp) on the back.

This is actually the ribbon bar rather than a medal bar which attaches, and hangs, differently on the tunic. Here is a photo of a tunic with three pin back awards worn in small horizontal loops on the lower section of the right breast pocket. These small loops were made for the wide and narrow pins on the backs of each award. That is to say, the thread loops are all slightly different sizes as one would expect.

If you look on the left breast of this tunic, above the pocket, you will see a rather complex set of loops. The long horizontal loops were made to accommodate full size medals which have the ribbons that secure to this long string of what are actually three loops. At the ends of this long set of loops are two smaller vertical loops at each end. These will accommodate the ribbon bar pin. So, this officer could wear his full size medals, or just his ribbon bar, if he chose. All these loops are hidden from view when the medals or the ribbon bar alone were worn. The loops alone indicate the officer has awards to wear but chooses not to wear them at this time.

Very clever, these Japanese tailors.

Japanese Civil Defense awards.JPG

Japanese Police award.JPG

Japanese Civil Defense tunic.JPG

Japanese Civil Defense Chief collar.JPG