• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,640
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

I found this years ago in an antique store in Belleflower in LA. I don't know why, I just had to have it.

Jon.

Attached Images

• IMG_5700.JPG
  • IMG_5701.JPG
  • IMG_5702.JPG
  • IMG_5699.JPG

#2 kansimba

kansimba
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,267
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

hi

very nice helmet in mint condition

@+, hughes

#3 themick

themick
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,161
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

As I understand, Mexican militaria from the WWII period is extremely difficult to find.  I remember years ago seeing a WWII Life Magazine photo of Mexican soldiers riding on a train wearing these helmets.

Steve

#4 Scarecrow

Scarecrow
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,142
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

Very nice helmet!  And what themick said is true, that WWII militaria from Mexico can be difficult to locate.  Attached photos are of a Mexican visor cap from the Mexican 201 Squadron.  This squadron was attached to the US 58th Fighter Group.  They flew the P-47 "Jug" in combat in the Philippines.  The cap was manufactured in Mexico City and is so embossed on the sweatband.

php0v7o61PM.jpg resized_201SquadronA.jpg

#5 daniel griffin

daniel griffin

MODERATOR / SPONSOR

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 948
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:30 AM

A very interesting helmet, I sure didn't know that Adrian Helmets were used by Mexico.

#6 Wake1941

Wake1941
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,938
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

Very cool, from what Ive seen Mexico used a ton of different countries steel helmets for their army.

#7 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:38 PM

hi

very nice helmet in mint condition

@+, hughes

Thanks Kansimba. It used to be "minter" but I had this on display on the top of my huge bookshelf in the living room (obviously, before I got married) and I had love birds who occasionally escaped who, for some reason, zero'd in on the leather chin strap and liked to nibble at it. It used to be nearly perfect.

Jon.

#8 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

As I understand, Mexican militaria from the WWII period is extremely difficult to find.  I remember years ago seeing a WWII Life Magazine photo of Mexican soldiers riding on a train wearing these helmets.

Steve

Steve, It looks like French standard 1930's - early WW2 manufacture. This having a cavalry plate, I wonder if anyone knows how many different plates were used for the Mexican Adrian and if photos exist? Infantry, Artillery?

Jon.

#9 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:02 PM

Very nice helmet!  And what themick said is true, that WWII militaria from Mexico can be difficult to locate.  Attached photos are of a Mexican visor cap from the Mexican 201 Squadron.  This squadron was attached to the US 58th Fighter Group.  They flew the P-47 "Jug" in combat in the Philippines.  The cap was manufactured in Mexico City and is so embossed on the sweatband.

attachicon.gifphp0v7o61PM.jpgattachicon.gifresized_201SquadronA.jpg

Scarecrow, Those are some great pictures. I didn't know Mexico was involved in the fight in WW2 until I saw a great display about the 201 Squadron at our local gun show here in Hawaii a couple years ago. A nice retired gentleman originally from Mexico does militaria displays about once every year at our local show. Last year he did a display about the Mexican-American war of 1846-1848 battle of Buena Vista. We learn so much from these kind of things.

Jon.

#10 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

A very interesting helmet, I sure didn't know that Adrian Helmets were used by Mexico.

Dan, I wonder if anyone knows how many different countries used this helmet?

Jon.

#11 vostoktrading

vostoktrading
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Very cool, from what Ive seen Mexico used a ton of different countries steel helmets for their army.

Wake 41, A long-time acquaintance of mine who has been dealing with militaria for years told me that when he was taken on a tour of stored surplus Mexican weapons and small-arms, he saw stuff that would knock your socks off from almost everywhere in the world. Jon.

#12 Wake1941

Wake1941
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,938
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

I think Ive even seen photos of the Mexican army wearing WW1 German helmets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users