WWII German dagger, medals, badges etc from Canadian vet

Bob Hudson

This came from the family of the vet he brought them home. He was in the Royal Canadian Engineers (RCE) and the family said he was in Belgium and Germany.

There is a sterling bracelet with his name, RCE and a serial number stamped on it.

The SA dagger is by Wilh. Wagner Solingen-Merscheid. There is an FS dagger with no marks, but I'd assume that's not German. The MUSSERT CROSS 1941 medal is interesting.

I have no idea what most of this is, so it's time to fire up Google:

0.jpg

1.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

3.jpg

Very nice!

Money items of course are 3 SS insignia! 2 edge weapons!

German dutch medal! Depends on enamel free of damage!

Forgot if thats its ribbon! Thats a money piece! You have to check!

PVON

German dutch medal! Depends on enamel free of damage!

Forgot if thats its ribbon! Thats a money piece! You have to check!

PVON

It is the right ribbon and I went over it with a loop and found no damage to the enamel. It could using a light cleaning with water and a Q-tip but that's for the next owner to decide.

6.jpg

7.jpg

I love the worn SS insignias. You got my favorite pattern of skull too! Fantastic Haul!!!

What is that pattern?

3.jpg

4.jpg

Personally, I think the Dutch medal is the centerpiece of that assortment

How many of those do you think were thrown into the Dutch canals on V-E Day?

What is that pattern?

I shouldn't of said pattern, more like variation. Heres a pic out of Bandos SS book showing most of the bevo variants. I prefer the variants with the larger eyes rather than the skinny eyes.

post-185343-0-64583500-1561515702.jpg

The small display case was packed with all of this, thankfully not glued down but there were some small tacks in use.

It was all German except for a few pieces from his Royal Canadian Engineers, notably his flaming bomb insignia.

The Fairbairn Sykes is not German, that part I do know. But, I can find no makers marks or numbers.

The SA dagger is from WILH. WAGNER Solingen-Merscheid an uncommon markers mark. It's in great condition, I think. I'll put some photos of it in the our TR blade forum at http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/315346-sa-dagger-wilh-wagner-uncommon-maker/?p=2528183

1.jpg

This is how it looks literally coming out of the woodwork (or in this case a wood display frame.) The stuff was stacked in layers:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg