Cossack daggers. Can anyone help?

jlh

These came from a collection purchased some time ago. They both have museum number son them. Anyone know their age and value? Are they military or souvenir pieces?

Thanks

Jack

post-185428-0-71530100-1561591129.jpg

I am definitely no expert, but I've seen pictures of a bunch of different Cossack daggers, and they always seem to be better quality looking than these. Maybe these are more souvenirs of Russia? However, I'm sure there will be a better blade expert on here to really give thoughts! But usually, the Coassack daggers I've seen, are more sterling looking with finer gem and detail work. Just my thoughts.

Even if they are Russian souvenirs . . . super amazingly cool! I'd keep them anyway! Again, just my thoughts! -grin-

These show up online with lots of names: Cossacks, Caucasian, Chechen, etc. - none of them tourist destinations. I would say these are ceremonial or for actual use. I wouldn’t be surprised if the one with the leather sheath is the most valuable. There are North Africa daggers similar to these that have lots of poorly made tourist trade examples. The copper one shown above looks pretty nice to me - much better than the African/Mideast tourist daggers

• 2 weeks later...