1 reply to this topic

#1 Buckshot329

Buckshot329
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,849
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:30 AM

Hello all

Because of the fact that my village was liberated by the British I wish to add a uniform correct to one of the units that was here: elements of Queen's Royal West Surrey Regiment among other elements of the 7th Armoured Division. I'm thinking easiest will be to buy the different elements (uniform & insignia) and put them together as they should be. I imagine it would be hard to find a battle dress with the right insignia etc.

However, having focused my collection on US items for the past several years I have no clue where to start and am having a difficult time finding good sources. So I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction and help answer some questions. What type of uniform is correct for September 1944? What is the correct placement of insignia on the uniform? What gear did a British soldier carry? Is there a good/reliable book source that can answer these questions?

Thanks

#2 edstorey

edstorey
  • Members
    • Member ID: 185,685
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

Go visit Fred Jones at the 'For Freedom' Museum in Ramskapelle (just outside of Knokke-Heist) he can help you out and give you some sound guidance.   Tell him Ed Storey sent you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users