Another one my father sent back

ww1collector1

ww1collector1

Have a whole bunch of headgear dad sent to my cousin during the war. I know little about these. The first is a German Navy one (I think). Was missing the eagle when my cousin gave it to me. I'd love to find a legit replacement.

ww1collector1

Inside view. Have another 15 or so of these to go, plus uniforms. He sent this all in a big batch along with weapons. Apparently, he was tight with the unit flied censor. Never would of flown in my day! lol

post-192222-0-81518600-1576703892_thumb.jpg

ww1collector1

And, a pic of the guilty party! My parents in Sept of 1945. And, dad's platoon somewhere in Italy. Combat Engineers, aka Infantry with no CIB! lol In the platoon photo, he is sitting cross;egged far right.

post-192222-0-17970600-1576704590_thumb.jpg

post-192222-0-27997800-1576704600_thumb.jpg

ww1collector1

It is about 1/4 of the way loose. What I have done with WW1 peaked caps that had this problem was very carefully gone through the orignal holes using vintage thread, and left the remaining period thread in place. The sad thing is that anything cloth is going to eventually fall apart no matter what we do or don't do. Hopefully, someone on here can steer me towards the correct eagle for it.