Prayer flag from a huge collection

Leo

Ive added other items from the collection i bought in the relevant categories so wanted to add this one here.

The flag has come out of a 40 year collection, and is the dirtiest and most stained I own.

Would love any info on it with regards to the soldier please.

Enjoy the pics

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot see the recipients name from the images provided.

The owners name usually always ended with this character = Kun (Mr.) if you can find the name on the flag and take a better (closer/clearer) photo of it I should be able to read it. The names are all written top to bottom and this will be the bottom character and it will be attached to only one name.

Here is a larger view of the character

I cannot see the recipients name from the images provided.

The owners name usually always ended with this character = Kun (Mr.) if you can find the name on the flag and take a better (closer/clearer) photo of it I should be able to read it. The names are all written top to bottom and this will be the bottom character and it will be attached to only one name.

Here is a larger view of the character

Thankyou Eric

Ill look at finding that symbol tonight

Thanks for helping

• 2 weeks later...
Fortunes Of War

The photos are not the best but I don't see a specific dedication line on this flag. It's not uncommon to see flags that lack a dedication line. Everyone who attended a "going away" event, however, normally knew whose flag they were signing. ....And not every soldier, sailor or airman received only one flag; some did but some received multiple flags. Not every flag was carried by the soldier into battle but this example is a "one looker".

Mike

The photos are not the best but I don't see a specific dedication line on this flag. It's not uncommon to see flags that lack a dedication line. Everyone who attended a "going away" event, however, normally knew whose flag they were signing. ....And not every soldier, sailor or airman received only one flag; some did but some received multiple flags. Not every flag was carried by the soldier into battle but this example is a "one looker".

Mike

Thanks Mike

Ill get some better pics up of it