A Few Imperial Helmets

Wharfmaster

Most excellent. What is the Shako on the left for?

Thanks. Shako on the left with plume is Machine Gun, the one on the right is Air Service.

Wharf

Thanks. Shako on the left with plume is Machine Gun, the one on the right is Air Service.

Wharf

Beiele the one on the left is Jaeger, Machine Gun Detachmemt had a Shako like this officers Garde Machinengewehr Abteilung Shako, Brown leather Tops and Brown bottoms and visitor with Field Grey cloth body, and a Line Officers MG Abt shako here.

Königlich Sächsische Maschinengewehr-Abteilung Nr. 12 around 1908-09 MG Abt were the first to wear FG uniforms.

800px-09621--1908-1._K%C3%B6niglich_S%C3

I came across this Shako, note the Cockade, like yours, Red Center Black border, a Württemberg shako of some kind, Württemberg had no Jaeger Battalions, so maybe this one I posted is a Landsturm Shako a Wüttemberg State Police Shako???

I came across this Shako, note the Cockade, like yours, Red Center Black border, a Württemberg shako of some kind, Württemberg had no Jaeger Battalions, so maybe this one I posted is a Landsturm Shako a Wüttemberg State Police Shako???

Yes, thanks. The Wurttemberg helmet is aviation unit marked in the crown, F. E. A. 16.

Wharf

Yes, thanks. The Wurttemberg helmet is aviation unit marked in the crown, F. E. A. 16.

Wharf

Maybe a resued helmet that wasn't remarked? FEA for Wuetrtemberg was the 10th.

Württembergische Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung Nr. 10

What does the plate look like?

Here's their Wappen, on I think a shako for one of their Ersatz MG Kompagnies, but there was one's that used a star wappen, like the Wuettemberg Mountain Battalion shakos The shako I posted n post #10 might be for this mountain battalion, is that what yours looks like

a941541092c2e21e68974e69118f4451.jpg

Maybe a resued helmet that wasn't remarked? FEA for Wuetrtemberg was the 10th.

Württembergische Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung Nr. 10

What does the plate look like?

Here's their Wappen, on I think a shako for one of their Ersatz MG Kompagnies, but there was one's that used a star wappen, like the Wuettemberg Mountain Battalion shakos The shako I posted n post #10 might be for this mountain battalion, is that what yours looks like

a941541092c2e21e68974e69118f4451.jpg

Yes, the same Star Badge. The stamp in the crown may be F.E.A. 10, not clear. Also stamped on the rear visor, B.A. IV or R.A. IV. Date in crown is 1915.

Wharf

• 2 weeks later...
ww1czechlegion

Hi Wharf,

Thanks for sharing this very nice selection of helmets you have.

Yes, it looks like you have a nice legitimate Wurttemburg Model 1915 Shako.

I remember many years ago when Bob Johnson of the Battlefield Bookstore (back then in Minneapolis, MN, now in Las Vegas) had one of these that he sold on eBay. It was probably around 20 years ago, more or less. Might this one you have be from him?

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hi Wharf,

Thanks for sharing this very nice selection of helmets you have.

Yes, it looks like you have a nice legitimate Wurttemburg Model 1915 Shako.

I remember many years ago when Bob Johnson of the Battlefield Bookstore (back then in Minneapolis, MN, now in Las Vegas) had one of these that he sold on eBay. It was probably around 20 years ago, more or less. Might this one you have be from him?

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hi Alan, thanks.

I purchased the helmet from an antique dealer years ago. He said it came out of East Germany right after the wall fell.

W

• 1 month later...