Spanish 'RUBY' Pistol French Army Contract .32 special

Guest 1917enfield

Guest 1917enfield

A few weeks ago I was given my Grandfathers Korean War Footlocker. This week they offered me a bring back pistol with a Captain pin in the holster. I only shared this based on the rank on the holster. My Grandfather name is scribed on the holster yet he was a Sergant not Captain. Eitherway thought a I would share this great 32 special.

Has anyone seen this WWI piece make it's through the wars before?

033.jpg

030.jpg

041.jpg

039.jpg

034.jpg

032.jpg

Guest El Bibliotecario

A friend who served in the navy in the '50s, during a Korean visit acquired a Winchester M1895 russian contract 7,62mmx54R rifle--the sling of which has Finnish army markings. I can no more explain how it got to Korea than I can explain the Ruby. I can only speculate that of the huge assortment of weapons used in China before WW2, many of them came south with the Chinese army in Dec of 1950.

Guest Longbranch

There's different levels of "quality" for Ruby type pistols. Some were VERY cheap copies, while other brands/makers were manufactured pretty well. Of course, 100 years of existence can play a heavy toll as well.

Guest gunbarrel
ive got one of these crappy pistols. goes full auto on the second round. gets everyones attention at the range though!

Crappy?? It sounds like one heck of s trench sweeper to me! :w00t:

Guest Allan H.

Belleauwood posted a Ruby pistol in his Lafayette Escadrille grouping over in the groupings forum.

A number of these pistols found their way to the French Air Force in World War I and I am sure were a standard side arm for French officers for many years after that. With the heavy French influence in Indo-China, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find French weaponry throughout the region.

The single nicest German Luger pistol that I have ever seen (an Artillery model with holster and stock) came back from VIETNAM by a 9th ID veteran in 1969/ 70 timeframe. Small arms have a real tendency to travel.

Allan

Spain made thousands of Ruby pistols during ww1 for the french army. Later this type of pistol were sended to the french colonial places, north africa, indochina (Vietnam, Laos, etc) and more places.

• 11 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I’m new! 😄

I have a Ruby pistol - a “Lusitania” model made by Armeria Elgoibaressa y Cia. It dates to around 1917 and has the French Army acceptance marks. I’m not sure where it came from - I inherited it from my Grandfather but he wasn’t a collector. One of his brothers was in the Navy (career) and another in the Army during WW II. They may have picked it up somewhere. 

The blueing is very rough, but it still has the original “blues” trigger. Everything seems to function fine, but I have no intention of trying to fire it! It has a nice place in my WW II collection. 😊

3DCE87AC-9531-4B8A-9318-EE4CDC6ECB23.jpeg.69270fb973e87c880a32c26e7d314141.jpegEFB5FBF6-C201-4FF8-B985-77E9A740886C.jpeg.e81b29ba31e15686a432cdb8644e2732.jpeg9D9D3DE5-9BCB-4AFB-A227-DF9756C2B3B9.jpeg.2d1a78e8fcfcccfc56635aa1ffb836ad.jpeg