New WW1 Documentary by "Lord of the Rings" Director

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

Greetings All:

I just learned that Peter Jackson, director of the Lord of the Rings films, is coming out with a very interesting documentary entitled "They Shall Not Grow Old". It is not just another grainy set of images pulled together. Rather, Jackson has colorized and improved the images using some marvelous tech tools. These moving images, with added sound, are rather remarkable.

Documentary.jpg

Here is a link to the entire story on how this was accomplished:

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2018/10/17/lord-of-the-rings-director-brings-the-trenches-of-wwi-to-life-in-stunning-new-documentary/

The story has a link to a short trailer on the film here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=EHYRfukHToc

The 99 minute film opened October 16 in the UK. No word yet on when it might become available in the USA. I plan to see it when it comes to a theater near me or on Netflix..

Regards,

Charlie

Someone forwarded this to me last week. It is absolutely stunning. When you leave B&W and give it color and voices, it changes your whole view of WWI.

Looks spectacular. Can't wait to see it. I had an Irish uncle, my namesake, who was an acting Captain in the Manchester Regiment killed at age 20 at Arras in April 1917. Bobgee

Dr Strangelove

This looks absolutely stunning, I'm definitely a sucker for series like WW1 in color so this is right up my alley

Boy! My sister has been following this since they released info (We are big LOTR nuts, and this hit all the Tolkien forums, being PJ) and I am so glad that you posted this! that trailer is amazing! Can't wait to hear when it comes out here! Please post the date, if anyone finds out! :)