Imperial Feuerwehr Officer Daggger

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up an interesting Feuerwehr (FW) Officer style dagger by Alexander Coppel at the Louisville, KY Show of Shows (SOS) and I wonder if anyone has seen a big one like this before? It is longer by the length of the nickeled scabbard drag than my standard Alcoso (scales) commonly seen FW Officer dagger. The black leather scabbard has two suspension rings for the two strap black leather officer hanger. It also has a large sawback blade with a rather standard FW etching on both sides. The blade is marked "AC" on the edge like we see on other Coppel sawback bayonets. The clamshell is plain and the grip is black horn. Most FW sidearms of this size that I see are NCO styles that are worn vertically in a frog rather than being suspended by straps via rings.

This dagger could be from the Imperial period or, I suppose, as late as the Weimar Republic time period.

Any idea what the Coppel catalog number for this monster might be?

FW dagger.JPG

FW dagger scabbard.JPG

FW dagger blade.JPG

FW dagger hilt.JPG

FW dagger hilt back.JPG

• 1 year later...

I just found out that this same large sawback FW dagger, without the clam shell, is shown by Eickhorn as their catalog Nr, 743.  I am still looking for the Alexander Coppel catalog number for this one.