Royal Regiment of Scotland Badges

My display of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, the RROS badge in the middle surrounded by the badges of the individual regiments that merged forming the RROS in 2006.

Side note: the three RROS patches in the corners plus the blue feather hackle of the 4th Battalion RROS (bottom left) were gifted to me by the Royal Regiment of Scotland Museum for a donation I made of a theater-made patch for the RROS (made in Afghanistan). I love those four items, look great with these badges.

post-185182-0-25324700-1540294016_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I didn't like the printed paper label I had for the display, changed to an engraved metal label with "ROYAL REGIMENT OF SCOTLAND". This is actually a British style dog tag. Found a company in Canada that engraves these to order.

post-185182-0-08139400-1548782603.jpg

• 2 months later...

Have added a few patches to my collection of Royal Regiment of Scotland. I've seen these referred to as morale patches. One for each of the current active duty battalions. And each has a picture showing the color of the battalion hackle.

post-185182-0-46519900-1556038890_thumb.jpg

Love your display of the items! Super nice! Also, I love the image in your second post that has the overlay of the ID for each item. Super cool idea!

That center piece of the insignia on the balck bow is gorgeous! Where would that be/have been worn, out of curiosity?

Also . . . super cool idea about that dog tag! I'm going to have to keep that in mind for future displays!

Thanks for the comments. The Royal Regiment of Scotland (center) badge is mounted on what I have seen referred to as a "Rosette". And these would be on the side of a Glengarry cap like the one shown (another part of my collection, just a different badge, one for the "Black Watch" dating to about World War II). Some times the cap is all black, or other colors for various regiments. The "dicing" (the black/red/white checkered pattern), is very Scottish, on lots of their caps.

post-185182-0-58099400-1556125603_thumb.jpg