Grand Masters Palace and Armory

Bugme

Built by the Knights of St. John in the city of Valletta, Malta, this palace now houses the Presidential offices. It is not open to the public every day so, finding it open on a public day is a treat. With over 30 visits into the capital, we finally found it with doors open. It was worth the wait.

20181015_181937.jpg

20181026_071911.jpg

20181015_142504.jpg

Amazing! Think of all the history, just associated with those artifacts alone. They represent a lot of stories told and untold.

Thanks guys! I told my wife after seeing these helmets that now mine all suck.

Don't worry, I'm sure there are people who would gladly take them off your hands

Don't worry, I'm sure there are people who would gladly take them off your hands

Let's not get crazy. I once had a car that sucked but, I kept driving it since it was what I could afford.

Let's not get crazy. I once had a car that sucked but, I kept driving it since it was what I could afford.

Yeah but these engraved and decorated helmets really make your painted ones look lame; to save your coolness you can send your WWII collection to Brig and I. ;)

Also is that 'battle' damage on the 3rd pic down in post 5?

• 2 weeks later...

Also is that 'battle' damage on the 3rd pic down in post 5?

Yes it is, there were several pieces with these musket ball dents. While it may have stopped penetration, I bet it didn't stop broken ribs.

Yes it is, there were several pieces with these musket ball dents. While it may have stopped penetration, I bet it didn't stop broken ribs.

Ouch. I guess that was better than a fatal wound (especially in those days), but talk about a hard hit.