Albanian Komando insignia from Iraq War

ScottG

While in Iraq I was made an honorary Albanian Komando by their Commander. I worked with them for about 4 months in Mosul in early 2004. Here are a few of the uniform patches and a cap badge I was presented. Scott

post-185137-0-95430300-1541142693_thumb.jpg

Probably a country it's not easy to find stuff from. The only one I'm familiar with is the shield up to the right.

The shield to the right is the national emblem and it is velcro backed and worn on the sleeve like we would wear a flag. The gold one is for the cap and the Komando patch is also a ssi. The flag was locally made and I don't recall seeing them worn on the uniform. Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Our Kansas City Military Collectors Club (KCMCC) had an Albanian Officer from the Leavenworth Command & Staff College come and talk to us about his military a couple of years ago. He gave out some of these key fobs since they did not have challenge coins. While this is most probably a PX item he was using it like we trade our insignia.

Alb key fob.JPG

Alb key fob close.JPG

Pretty cool, thats the same way I got the t-shirt. The insignia was done through a ceremony after several missions and it involved the whole unit along with large amounts of an Albanian liquor called Raki. Scott