Lesser Known Side of the Luftwaffe

PaulR

2. Batterie I Battalion, check. I seen your other post on WWII Forums, great research on Maier, it answered a question I was going ask vis a vis Stalingrad..

For those interested.

http://ww2f.com/threads/named-flak-tunic.30249/

Thank you Sir. I still love it very much. I dont think that he was killed because he does not show up in a casualty list. The thing I really love about this tunic is that one can see the signs of previous promotions on the tunic(holes from past collar gulls and very slight shadows from sleeve ranks... Gefreiter... Obergefreiter.... and Unteroffizier.

Nice looking sonderfuhrer uniforms- The Heer equivalents are misunderstood enough- I don't think many collectors know the LW had equivalents. Most seem only interested in FJ, flight or sometimes FLAK stuff- would love to see some communications/ground division stuff

Nice looking sonderfuhrer uniforms- The Heer equivalents are misunderstood enough- I don't think many collectors know the LW had equivalents. Most seem only interested in FJ, flight or sometimes FLAK stuff- would love to see some communications/ground division stuff

Thank you so much. They are my pride and joy- not to mention- very difficult to find. I agree with you- these men and their roles are very under explored. I have some communication and some field division stuff, but no brown piped LWFD tunics. That would be awesome. I know of a veterinary LWFD tunic out there somewhere that I'd kill for.

Thank you Sir. I still love it very much. I dont think that he was killed because he does not show up in a casualty list. The thing I really love about this tunic is that one can see the signs of previous promotions on the tunic(holes from past collar gulls and very slight shadows from sleeve ranks... Gefreiter... Obergefreiter.... and Unteroffizier.

He has a Wound Badge in Black So Maybe he was badly wounded, either in the summer of 42 (BLAU), or at Stalingrad itself, at Stalingrad, wounded before the ring closed in, and was able to be evacuated?

• 4 weeks later...

He has a Wound Badge in Black So Maybe he was badly wounded, either in the summer of 42 (BLAU), or at Stalingrad itself, at Stalingrad, wounded before the ring closed in, and was able to be evacuated?

He could've been wounded at any point before or after those battles- or even at home during an airraid, and still receive the badge.I think without further documentation, it is difficult to assume much more. I'd love to learn more about him.

I love the Belgian converted uniform. Very nice! The Communication school uniform is probably my favorite.

Thank you. Me too. I love the oddballs. The signals school tunic is really cool. It is the only one that I own with embroidered cyphers. That said, it may be the first I'd sell if I required cash for my Warsaw Uprising focus because it does not really fall into my LW admin/sonderfuhrer/beamter specailty.

• 4 weeks later...

remarkable and very informative. it's great yo are researching so deeply and bringing light to such obscure regions. very scholarly undertaking; horrido!

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the kind words. I am so addicted to this stuff. The cool thing about these weird sub-branches is that there is little competition to grab items if/when they show up.

• 10 months later...
riflegreen297

Wow, thank you for sharing such a unique collection. Amazing it seems these would be harder to find than say a flight crewman. Awesome.