Swiss M71 Helmet

stratasfan

Thought I would christen the Swiss board, since I do have something pertinent! This is a Swiss M71 helmet, from 1975, size extra small. (OK . . . I don't really know that much about helmets . . . I had to ask to find that out! -grin- ) While I no longer have this piece, this was my first piece of militaria that I actually bought. Probably when I was 10 or so. We have a cool surplus store a couple of hours from us, and used to go fairly often (when we lived closer). Well, I was always fascinated with helmets, and they had these there. I never knew what it was until recent years, but I sure wore it around tons! When Dad and I were dealing with a crumbled plaster ceiling behind panelling . . . I wore this as protection against the hundreds of pounds of plaster that fell down on us! :)

post-185332-0-56908300-1541356550_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Fred Borgmann

a number of years ago the Swiss modernized all their equipment and tons of the old clothing items bags helmets etc were being sold by Fleet Farm stores in the mid-west. They also had a lot of old Eastern block military stuff too.