Feuerwehr Cross

SARGE

Gents,

I thought I would show an example of the West German Fire Department (FW) enameled award, the Feuerwehr Cross. This is a cased example of the German Feuerwehr Cross service medal. This award is actually a continuation of the earlier Fire Department service awards from Imperial times through the Weimar Republic and NS Zeit.

FW cross box .JPG

FW cross box back.JPG

FW cross in box close.JPG

FW box open.JPG

FW cross close.JPG

FW cross back close.JPG

FW cross ribbons.JPG

FW cross ribbon backs.JPG

FW cross.JPG

Thank for the kudos doyler. These Feuerwehr, and DRK, crosses were often enameled and fancy.

Here is a photo of one of the FW Honor Crosses in wear. Also notice that he is wearing his 57er Knight's Cross! :o

Albert-Burger.jpg

Thank for the kudos doyler. These Feuerwehr, and DRK, crosses were often enameled and fancy.

Here is a photo of one of the FW Honor Crosses in wear. Also notice that he is wearing his 57er Knight's Cross! :o

Very interesting array of awards! French honor medal and RK. Anyone know about his wartime service?

Very interesting array of awards! French honor medal and RK. Anyone know about his wartime service?

I don't know of his wartime service. But... if you look closely you can see his WWII ribbon bar peeking out from behind his rack of postwar medals. I guess he chose to only wear his two highest neck orders for the photograph and not a second row of WWII medals on his chest. Perhaps he was trying to be politically correct?