Selous Scouts Wings

509thPIB

Well thank you so much. 
I suppose, in the grand scheme, I actually have a decent little Selous Scouts collection!

My silver wings are andonized. If I could find a Sterling one. That would be cool. Stuff is so often faked now. 

A3ACD71F-9294-4F12-B759-9AC2FCC4BC51.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Your OR beret badge and necklace are also original IMO. The beret badge is typically identified as the 1st pattern because it doesn't have the Reuteler maker mark stamped on the reverse. With the exception of the maker mark, the 2nd patterns are identical to the 1st patterns. Yours also looks like it may have the original backing material from being worn on a beret. Many original berets have this feature as it gave a smarter appearance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 12:48 PM, Sgt127 said:

A friend gave me this set of camo. He told me it was Rhodesian. I would appreciate anyone’s input. If they are correct, I will leave the photo in the thread for reference. If not, I will delete to not clutter the thread. Marked “Paramount”. 

82AA4F1F-96E3-4BD5-9ABA-C3B49C271DB7.jpeg

Nice shirt. The shirts that I have seen were made by three manufacturers: Paramount, Trevain, and Statesman. Paramount white the thin black label that is folded in half and the other two with larger flat white labels. And from what I can tell the paramount shirts were the only ones with the scalloped detailed pocket flaps like yours. 

• 1 month later...
RhodesianMilitaria
On 11/7/2018 at 10:40 PM, 509thPIB said:

Selous Scouts wings have been heavily faked. Are these original or fake?

post-185365-0-67329100-1541601605_thumb.jpg

They're good. Awarded to African soldier Tpr S. Kona Tpr 648184.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:27 AM, Kia kaha said:

Cloth wing

3105F750-857B-414E-B1F3-F5FD8D8491A5.jpeg.6faa78444c6686a282dd88cb230150fb.jpeg

proberly never worn, taken from Selous Scout H.Q. by an Officer in the last days. Then sold in the U.S. There are two types one has zig zag stitching around edge. 

Ok. never worn because they never existed in the Selous Scouts. I have heard the story that these were taken from Selous Scouts HQ but have never seen the evidence to prove it. There were certianly two types made in SA after the war, this type and the one with the cross stitching. I would be surprised if the Scouts were thinking of cloth wings in the late 70s with the intensity of the war.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:22 AM, Sgt127 said:

Well thank you so much. 
I suppose, in the grand scheme, I actually have a decent little Selous Scouts collection!

My silver wings are andonized. If I could find a Sterling one. That would be cool. Stuff is so often faked now. 

A3ACD71F-9294-4F12-B759-9AC2FCC4BC51.jpeg

First issue as unstamped. The scarcer of the two to find nowadays. Faked officer's badges. Well here you go.

SEL-SCOUTS-officer-badges_01.jpg