Kansas City Military Collectors Club Displays

SARGE

Every year the Kansas City Military Collectors Club (KCMCC) has one or two club displays that are open to the public free of charge. Members bring items from their collections to display (no selling) and we present the displays at different venues throughout the Kansas City Metro. For instance, last month we participated in a large display at the Independence, MO Genealogical Library in support of veterans. The theme was the end of World War I and the Mid-Continent Library System and the National WWI Museum & Memorial were in charge of the venue.

Here are some photos of a proprietary club display that we put on for the public a couple of years ago (2014) in Leavenworth, KS. These educational displays are planned, managed, and supported by the KCMCC and our collector members.

http://www.kcmcc.org/

KCMCC 2014 Afgan unif.JPG

KCMCC 2014 banner.JPG

KCMCC 2014 MG 2.JPG

KCMCC 2014 pilot.JPG

KCMCC helmets.JPG

KCMCC 2014 US VietNam.JPG

KCMCC 2014 Soviet.JPG

Great stuff, it always amazes me what Id out there in other collectors homes. These shoes are like a mini history series that moves across the country.

That Soviet grouping is stellar as are the uniforms. Just marvelous

Great stuff, it always amazes me what Id out there in other collectors homes. These shoes are like a mini history series that moves across the country.

That Soviet grouping is stellar as are the uniforms. Just marvelous

Many thanks for the kudos. The Soviet grouping is identified to one man, seen in the portrait, and this collector also collects identified British medal groupings. The foreign camo outfits were collected by a Naval Officer who traded his camo for that of folks that he worked with while on active duty. The US VN uniforms are all identified by another Navy vet collector as well. All these displays are courtesy of the collector being willing to share his collecting passion with others. I too am amazed at what comes out for these displays.

A few more shots of this 2014 show.

KCMCC 2014 45 pouches.JPG

KCMCC 2014 Brit medals.JPG

KCMCC 2014 DDR medals.JPG

KCMCC 2014 snow unif.JPG

KCMCC 2014 radios.JPG

KCMCC 2014 MG.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sarge, Great items. I do not recall seeing these at the last show? Is this from previous shows or the monthly get togethers?

These displays are generally not set out at the two KCMCC sales shows we sponsor like the one held at the Kansas City VFW earlier this month. They are generally separate shows that the club is invited to attend or displays the club sets up itself. The display show above is one we usually put on in Leavenworth that draws a lot of retired- and active-military from the area and Command and Staff College. We may be losing our City run venue in Leavenworth due to increased insurance requirements... but we can always move down the street. We held our shows on base for many years but increased restrictions on what could be brought on base caused us to move from that venue as well.

Anyway, here are a coupe of shots of our KCMCC display at the Mid-Continent Library system in Independence last year. Actually, this was my WWI display of identified US uniforms.

KCMCC 3.JPG

Vet salute display 2.JPG

Vet salute Col uniform.JPG

Vet salute 1895 uniform.JPG

Vet salute mess dress.JPG

Vet salute overall.JPG

Skysoldier80

I may have to try to make one of these. I belong to the club and know Jeff and some others. I typically just come for the sales shows due to the drive. Thanks for sharing.

These displays are generally not set out at the two KCMCC sales shows we sponsor like the one held at the Kansas City VFW earlier this month. They are generally separate shows that the club is invited to attend or displays the club sets up itself. The display show above is one we usually put on in Leavenworth that draws a lot of retired- and active-military from the area and Command and Staff College. We may be losing our City run venue in Leavenworth due to increased insurance requirements... but we can always move down the street. We held our shows on base for many years but increased restrictions on what could be brought on base caused us to move from that venue as well.

Anyway, here are a coupe of shots of our KCMCC display at the Mid-Continent Library system in Independence last year. Actually, this was my WWI display of identified US uniforms.

Skysoldier80,

Here is a link to a Middle School display on the subject of the US - Mexican War that we did recently.

http://www.kcmcc.org/

One of the things that KCMCC tries to do is to broaden the interest, and knowledge, of military service and collecting. If we can reach the kids our hobby will continue and flourish. Anyone who is in the Kansas City area is welcome to come to one of our first Monday of the month meetings. We are all about sharing information.