The SS pullover smock

kammo-man

vintageproductions

Here’s one Camo piece that is sublime
Boot covers
In the same toxic green

When i first seen this print it took me back as I had only seen oak and over print dull colors

Alter looking as prints it is common to see in the 42/43 prints of the jackets
It’s gone by 44

2afdc5d2449c57c9aa73724937238119.jpg

An absolutely wonderful thread! SS camouflage is a perilous and slippery slope IMHO. I am afraid of it when I see it. This is mostly because I do not understand the subtleties of the various patterns and the construction. This thread is very helpful.

Tell me, has anyone seen the so-called "Police" version of the M-44 SS camouflage jacket in period photographs? That is the "dot" pattern camo jacket with pleated breast pockets and un-pleated hip pockets. I have seen Polizei troops wearing the standard SS camouflage and the standard Heer camouflage. I have never seen a period photo of the Police style tunic in wear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you so very much for this absolutely superb presentation! A fantastic reference for all of us interested in these smocks.

The way these were made suggests that they were strictly utilitarian and little effort was made to standardize the prints or construction as we would normally would expect to find on other types of uniforms. It seems as though no two smocks were exactly the same. The screening was obviously hand done with little consistency, which was really not required anyway.

CB

• 2 weeks later...
riflegreen297

Just outstanding! Very education thread. M-38 Palm is my personal favorite. The colors and pattern looks like something a hippy made up after a tie-dye part in the 60's.

Just outstanding! Very education thread. M-38 Palm is my personal favorite. The colors and pattern looks like something a hippy made up after a tie-dye part in the 60's.

They are rather bizarre and fascinating. Stranger yet is the connection to the Waffen SS, one of history's more sinister military organizations. I prefer the various plantanenmuster types.

CB