Possible Polish underground pin find at flea market

Tonomachi

I found this Polish screw back pin this morning at the flea market. I do not know what the red enameled letters P O S stand for however the stamped letters underneath of SZP I believe stand for SLUZBA ZWYCIESTWU POLSKI. This translates to Service of Poland's Victory or Polish Victory Service which would explain the letter "V" design inside of the white enamel Polish eagle. The SZP was supposedly a secret organization that was tasked with the continuing of armed struggle to liberate Poland in the pre-war borders of the Second Polish Republic, recreation and reorganization of the Polish Army and establishment of the secret government (Polish Underground State). It is hand engraved with the number 1680 on the back so I'm guessing this is a membership pin of some kind. Anyone know?

post-185261-0-60545400-1541795437.jpg

I just now noticed the wording on the back of this pin which reads, "SWIATOWY ZWIAZEK POLAKOW". This is probably what the initials of SZP actually stand for. I tried to get it translated through Google and this is what I found:

The World Association of Poles from abroad ( Światpol ) - an organization created in the summer of 1934 at the Second World Congress of Poles Abroad in Warsaw in order to maintain the cultural ties of Polonia with Poland and to include Polonia in activities for the needs of the Polish state and supporting government policy.

So this may not be a Polish Underground pin like I thought it was.

Yes, it was not underground organization. Today we would tell it was the "NGO" according to modern nomenclature.

Many thanks for the correct identification.

Nothing changes the fact that the badge is valuable and collectable. The Światowy Związek Polaków z Zagranicy was active only between 1934 and 1939.