SPANISH CIVIL WAR Pennant 1936

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

I have to admit that I have very little knowledge about this particular conflict or Spanish pieces in general. There is a label on the back of the pennant attributing it to the 1936 Civil War. Any information about it would be appreciated. Any value to this?

DSCN2933.jpg

DSCN2934.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that is the flag design of Spain, but if you look up Spanish flags, the design differed during the pre-post WWII era. This is not the flag design that was used during 1936-38. Or the flag of Franco that was used from 1945-77. This is the design that was used under Franco during 1938-45. If you look the three types of flags up, you'll see that the 36-38 version has a totally different crest on it. Also, the 45-77 version has some slight differences from yours (namely the ribbons behind the eagle head and wrapping around the two side columns were red). This is definitely the crest from 1938-45. So, this would be WWII era. Not the 1936. Very cool item! Pennants are a cool thing to have, I think, as they are a cool thing you can have from the WWII era and they aren't as big as a real flag. :)

Thanks for sharing! Hope this helps a little. As to price, I am not familiar with Spainsh flags/pennants too much. However, as a whole, I think WWII-era national pennants are worth something, but I would say that demand has everything to do with it really. Prices on ones I've watched before seem to not have a set price. However, being that Spain is not as common, it could be more. Or less, if noone is really interesting. Sometimes I find things that are super rare and hard to find from one Country, when there is a similar item from another country, they won't be worth as much. Well, I hope that isn't too confusing!

Google Symbols Of Francoism there is a long Wiki article that explains the Franco Period Pennant and why it is an Abridged Coat of Arms like the one on your piece.Scotty

Maybe the vet brought it back as a souvenir. :) My Great-Uncle served in WWII (part of the advance guard that liberated concentration camps) and you should have seen his basement! A museum in itself!

Cool pennant, though!