Early circa 1950s era South Korean paratrooper wings

Tonomachi

You have a very early example of ROK parachute wings. Their wings evolved from a pattern that first began as a style similar to that of U.S. Army jump wings and even to this day retain the three levels of proficiency. If my memory serves, they added the plum blossom as a symbol of the nation. Here are a few more examples of the early ROK jump wings in both cloth and metal.

post-185301-0-22282900-1542034367_thumb.jpg

Shown here are variations of the wings that began this thread. The center plum blossom is not brass as above and there are two sizes. The center badge is a U.N. Peace Keeping Force badge. The two parachute wings are hallmarked on the back in Korean.

post-185301-0-57752500-1542034711_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge and great collection with us. Here is a photograph of the back of the metal paratrooper wing that I have which is not hallmarked. It is rather thick in construction.

post-185261-0-60672800-1542039910_thumb.jpg

Here are the backs of the two that I posted above. I do not know what the Korean markings mean. Perhaps there is someone who can translate. Also I do not know why there are two different sizes. Could one be a cap badge?

post-185301-0-45829900-1542051959_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
captainofthe7th

Amazing selection of wings! Your stamped Hangul on the last set translates to:

Daehan (Korea[n])

Gong-Gun (Air Force)

Rob

• 1 year later...