German Aircraft Part - What is it?

Nack

Duse (with an umlaut) translates to "nozzle".

Pressluft is compressed air.

Drucken can mean to press.

The button is apparently to activate compressed air either in or out of the nozzle.

• 3 weeks later...

A Luftwaffe on-line parts catalogue? Will wonders ever cease?

Defroster, perhaps?

Kind of neat to know that it was used in ME-110'S and FW-189's.

I know - amazing!

Hmm. I’ll have to dig further. “Discharge switch box” and “Use: Operation of the fogger” are a little cryptic.

Thanks again!

Ok, so I’m thinking the translations google supplied me are terrible and misleading.

The reference website calls this device an “abwerfschaltkasten”, which google translates to “discharge switch box”. I think “weapons release control box” may be better.

Also, the website says that this thing’s fuction is “Betätigung des Nebelgerätes”, which google translates to “operation of the fogger”. But I wonder if Nebel here is not a reference to fog or smoke but mortars/rockets as in Nebelwerfer.

So, I’m wondering if this thing is the control box for the air-to-air rockets called the Werfer-granate 21.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Old post but I'll still give it an answer.  My guess is this device was used to inject oil in/on the hot exhaust of an aircraft engine to create smoke.  It is described as a "Betätigung des Nebelgerätes" which can be translated as "Operation of the Smoke Device" (Nebel in german can mean either "fog" or "smoke").  They used this device on the Ju88, Fw 189, Bf 110 in an attempt to fool enemy pilots into thinking that they had damaged the engines, in the hopes that they would move on.